Sunday, August 28, 2011

Bits and Bobs

The lesson this week for the Raw Art Journaling workshop over at Artists of the Round Table's was 'Found Poetry'. This is all the words and phrases that I cut from a Sephora catalog.
















And this is the end result. I wished that I had left it alone and not added the flourishes in the corners but am overall satisfied with the exercise. My next exercise will be to remove a page from a book and selectively cover some words to reveal the 'hidden' poetry there.

























Exercise. I finally got some. I took Abbey out to the Reservoir this afternoon and walked the two miles around the lake. We both enjoyed being out there again. We used to go regularly when I lived out that way.

Look at the shadows. Can't you tell it's almost fall? This makes me think of Peter Pan and his lost shadow.

























And finally, here is a blurry, but happy, pic of Abbey enjoying nature.
























Thanks for stopping by and have a great week.

No comments: